Assignment is due by 10:00 PM Eastern Time (about 10 hours from now)
Write a reflection based on how you will use the information you learned from the attached documents. There are 6 attached documents, about 6 pages total to read. Write about what new information you learned and how you will use it in your future career. Do not just restate the information from the documents.
How to Write a Reflection
Writing a reflection is multifaceted. The writer needs to do so much before writing, and in the moment of the writing (and editing), the author must stay on track to his/her focus while giving plenty of detail for the reader to FEEL the message. It’s as much about thinking and thinking about thinking as it is to feeling.
Reflection is a combination of cognition, emotion, and body sensations. Here is an approach to help you reflect well. Not only will you learn the information, but the process of reflection actually boosts the brain’s ability to make decisions.
Special Note: One of your Mobius components is a self-reflection. I am expecting excellence in your thinking to your thinking and therefore your posting.
1. Using a quiet mind and a quiet environment, be quiet and listen to your thoughts. Reflection is quiet.
2. Step One is Critical Thinking: Ask questions like…
- What did I learn that I expected? What did I learn that I didn’t expect?
- How am I changed?
- What will I do with this information?
- How will I influence others with this information?
3. Step Two: Examine your own thinking. How was I thinking that? What was I thinking? Why? What were my biases, assumptions, etc?
4. Step Four (We skip gathering information.): After confidence to your learning based on the content covered, decide a writing core – a focus.
5. Write in first person. Write with depth – no surface only comments. Write with specificity. What exactly did you learn and what will you do with that new you?
Reflection Assignment Task: You are to write a 175-200 words letter in letter format on your learning based on the attached files. As you examine the importance of every word you choose, think about how the readings have impacted your learning and its application in your life. Do not write what you and I already know from the readings. Focus on the difference this information has had on your life =====================================================================================================
Business writing is about content AND delivery decisions. Again, make it attractive. Be sure you have at minimum of three paragraphs. A well thought out introduction, a body with content information and a conclusion. Please follow the guidelines as mentioned below.
Introduction includes: (1) purpose/thesis, (2) hook (attention getting statement which can also be the purpose/thesis statement), (3) scope (the preview of what you will talk about, and perhaps (4) why (detail the why you are writing – could link to purpose).
Body is the content. (Most students when they think of writing they focus on content. That is a part of writing, it’s not the whole event.)
Conclusion, in business, is mostly about goodwill. Think of it as where to create the lasting impression. In this case, think about what impression you would like your instructor have about you.